Re: [squid-users] Linux Kongress 2004

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:02:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Richard wrote:

> I did try to justify the flight to Germany but as I thought my boss
> wasn't as enthusiastic as me

Sorry to hear this.

> there are a lot of people like myself interested in where squid is
> going, I am eagerly awaiting the release of 3.0 stable.
>
> btw is there any way I can contribute to 3.0? I'm not a programmer but
> have a excellent understanding of proxys/networking/security.

Do you like writing? If so then the Squid Users Guide is looking for a
maintainer.

For the 3.0 release in specific the release notes also need a bit of help,
documenting the visible changes since Squid-2.5.

Then there is always the tedious work of testing and submitting bug
reports, and to analyze and narrowing down already existing bug reports.

Or if you have a little programming experience, to forward port the
patches from Squid-2.5 to Squid-3 (search for PATCH25 in keywords in
bugzilla). In many cases this is trivial.