[squid-users] ip_wccp - compiled, still not working.. help...

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 08:05:31 +0100 (BST)

hi all..

still having some problems getting my WCCP running for
my cache box..

following the latest instructions from Henrik and
others, and the latest ip_wccp.c code, 1.6, i followed
my distro's (SuSE) instructions on preparing the
various kernel packages to install additional
(unsupported) modules..

after preparing my kernel files, i moved to compile
ip_wccp.c .. it went very well, with no errors, and
got installed as '/lib/modules/`uname
-r`/extra/ip_wccp.ko, as per the Makefile...

i run 'depmod -a', and my kernel installed and
registered it nicely...

i then run 'modprobe ip_wccp', and i got no console
errors.. i looked at my 'dmesg' console, however, and
found the usual complaint:

'ip_wccp: unsupported module, tainting kernel.
WCCP IPv4/GRE driver'

'lsmod' shows the module loaded... already, my Cisco
router and Squid process were synchronised and
established on WCCP.. i run 'tcpdump' to confirm UDP
packets for port 2048 were reaching the cache... the
router sees the cache, and the cache sees the router..
router is configured with WCCP version 1, and router
with WCCP wireline version 4...

i then configured my router interface facing the
router/segment onto which my cache is located with the
'ip wccp web-cache redirect in' command, but see no
action.. packets are still going out normally.. it's
like the cache isn't there!!!!

i reconfigured with route-maps, and it works fine..
but when i remove the route-maps and use wccp, no
joy...

please excuse me if i sound a little frustrated, but
i'd appreciate any and all assistance u may render..
thx..

Mark.