Re: [squid-users] How to retreve upload and download separately from access.log

From: <rakesh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:11:28 -0500

Once again thanks Henrik

As i think that '%>st' has also not been implemented yet......

Which may have been the option i was looking for.

  I have tried the option {content-length} as suggested by you but that
doesn't solve my problem as I'm not looking for content-length of the
Request/Response.
What i needed was the total bytes sent out as well as total bytes received
by a particular IP in my network which is also using squid.

Similar to what firewall log (IP TABLES) gives.

Is there any way to get that type of log in squid.?
As i have seen people using Squid 2.4 and maintaining the records of the
UPLOAD and DOWNLOAD separately.

One more question:
After directing the packets to squid port do they pass through firewall
again.?
If they pass through the firewall then through which Chain they pass..?

Please note: The Squid and Firewall are running on the same box.