Re: [squid-users] Can Squid do this

From: Peter Albrecht <pa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:11:02 +0200

Hi Laurie,

please reply to the list, not only to me.

On Friday 10 September 2004 10:36, you wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Thankx for the info.
>
> Yes I will need to define a group called mangers and only managers must be
> able to access eg: http://server:1234
>
> I am not very experienced with squid and not sure if u can define acl's
> based on ports AND valid users

Put all the usernames in a file (one username on a single line) and make sure
you have an ident daemon running on your client (e.g. pidentd on Linux). Then

acl managers ident "/path/to/file-with-usernames"
acl special-ports port 1234
http_access allow managers special-ports

should do the job.

Regards,

Peter

--