Re: [squid-users] Re: ftp in & out with squid

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:12:16 +0200

Cédric Petter wrote:

> I wrote something wrong
> The problem is only when I come from Internet and want to connect to my FTP
> servers.
>
> I have try with IE, FTP Expert and DOS
>
> But nothing works.
>
> The message under IE, if the FTP passif is activate
>
> FTP Session has been interrupt
>
> And no FTP passif :
>
> TTL is up
>
> How can i do ??
> I need my ftp servers outside my house!!
>
> Cédric Petter
> cedric.petter@bluewin.ch

Try to connect to the ftp site from the squid server itself (wget or
similar) to make sure there is no error in the iptables setup. It is
possible to allow a service for everybody but not for the gateway itself.
Try to connect to a local ftp-server which is not blocked by the ipfilter.
Check if "folder view" in IE is disabled. The "dos"-client (build-in
command line ftp from windows, I suppose) won't work. There are only a
few clients which can use ftp through squid as it is served via http
(refer to mail from Adam).

Regards, Hendrik Voigtländer