[squid-users] Transparent proxy + HTTPS

From: Giancarlo Boaron <gboaron@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:54:48 -0300 (ART)

Hello!
I'm planning to use squid as a transparent proxy for
my LAN.
I now squid can't act as a transparent proxy when
using the HTTPS protocol and it even registers this
kind of access in my access.log file.
So, can I register this kind of access in my
access.log file or I just have to let this protocol go
in and out on my iptables script (using FORWARD).

Besides, what are the advantages and disadvantages of
using transparent proxy when concerning about
security, configuration facilities, network
performances, etc ??

Thank you.
Giancarlo

Yahoo! Messenger 6.0 - jogos, emoticons sonoros e muita diversão. Instale agora!
http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/