Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy + HTTPS

From: Michael Gale <michael.gale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:13:46 -0600

Here is a quick one:

access.log example:
1095314931.769 109912 192.168.X.X TCP_MISS/200 12387 CONNECT mbn.microsoft.com:443 - DIRECT/207.68.167.45 -
[Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive\r\nHost: mbn.micr osoft.com:443\r\n] []

This a real example from our access.log

and in the squid.conf file:

##### CONNECT proto - allow goodsites
acl goodsslsites dstdom_regex "/tmp/ssl_sites"
http_access deny !goodsslsites goodhttps

##### Protocol restrictions
acl goodhttp proto HTTP
acl goodftp proto FTP
acl goodhttps proto CONNECT
http_access deny !goodhttp httpstand_ports
http_access deny !goodftp ftpstand_ports
http_access deny !goodhttps SSL_ports

This only allows access over HTTPS (port 443) to domains listed in the /tmp/ssl_sites file and only allows certain
protocols over certain ports.

Michael.