Re: [squid-users] Parent cache with digest auth

From: Andrew Jackson <ajj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:46:03 +1000

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 08:24:05AM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Andrew Jackson wrote:
>
> >I've upgraded to 2.5 STABLE 6 as that support the *provision* of digest
> >authentication. Can squid talk to a parent proxy using digest auth? How
> >do I pursuade it to do so?
>
> login=PASS

That will pass my authentication through won't it? My existing setup has
squid knowing my username and password and hence I never have to type it
in. That allows programs to have no need to know about authenticated
proxies (and I don't have to type my password in all the time).

I was using login=username:password, but this seems to not work with
digest auth.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Andrew