[squid-users] ftp : folder creation and file deletion

From: <apmailist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:55:28 +0200

Hi,

I know Squid is not an ftp proxy, but it covers our everyday needs ... almost :

Two topics were addressed in a post last year :
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200306/0056.html

Btw, I use the betterest ftp client I found for ftpying through Squid : Total
Commander : OK for autentication, uses GET and PUT methods, and works as said!
I also use the best proxy available : squid (in it's 2.5ST5 version ).

# folder creation
Squid supports it, but the ftp client doesn't know how to handle it :
Could you explain how it is implemented ? via WebDAV ? what HTTP command is used
? Dev Team at TC seems to be willing to implement this feature in their client.

# file deletion
the FTP client supports it, but gets a 501-Not implemented reply from Squid.
I've been quickly through Squid 3 release notes and haven't found a "file
deletion topic". Do you knwo when this could be implemented ?

Thank you for your Work,

Andrew.