RE: [squid-users] Connection timed out

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:22:58 +0200

> Hi all,
>
> I cant ping groups.yahoo.com from squid box.
> But according to u it seems pinging. Yes i can ping www.yahoo.com
>
> But i have my other ips directly connected to router. from
> that ip also
> i cant ping groups.yahoo.com
> I can easily open groups.yahoo.com from that ip connected from router.
> But i cant open groups.yahoo.com from the ip connected to squid box.

 Ok, try

 % wget http://groups.yahoo.conf/

 from your SQUID box.
 Whatever happens, as long as this doesn't work, it won't work
 for SQUID either.

 Or else , lower level :

 % telnet groups.yahoo.conf 80

 Should get you 'connected'.

> Is there any configuration in squid.conf about this ????

 Squid.conf can not solve networking problems. The box must be
 able to access the site at ip-tcp-port 80 level, for SQUID to
 be ablt to do it's thing.