RE: [squid-users] Connection timed out

From: B S Srinidhi <srinidhi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:58:23 +0530

> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Joel n.solanki wrote:
>
> > But i have my other ips directly connected to router. from that ip
> also
> > i cant ping groups.yahoo.com
> > I can easily open groups.yahoo.com from that ip connected from
> router.
> > But i cant open groups.yahoo.com from the ip connected to squid box.
>
> Most likely groups.yahoo.com is not reachable via your ISP at the
> moment.

Hello Joel,

Last year, groups.yahoo.com was blocked by most of the ISPs in India.
The following links will give you some details:

http://www.computerweekly.co.uk/Article125312.htm
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/26/1064083178553.html?oneclick=true

Now this is more than a year old story. I don't know the current status.
If the blocking still continues, then you should be able to access the
site with the IP (this is how me and some other friends of mine used to
access it).

I feel that you should talk to your ISP first.

One more thing, if your ISP is Dishnet then all your attempts to do a
'ping' will be of no use. Dishnet has blocked ICMP packets. But you
could still try doing a 'traceroute'.

Hope my comments help. :)

Srinidhi.

--