Re: [squid-users] LDAP Authentication Helper

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:27:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, [iso-8859-15] Lars D. Noodén wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>> There is plenty of documentation on this included in the Squid
>> distribution.
>> See the helpers/basic_auth/LDAP/ directory.
>
> I am looking more carefully at the man pages I find there, but I guess we
> have different definitions of 'plenty' ;) Though, thanks for writing what is
> there, it will be of great use once I get LDAP enabled in my copy of squid.
>
> What switches would I have to pass to ./configure to enable LDAP
> authentication? That's something not yet in the FAQ nor in the man pages.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html has some hints, so does
configure --help.

but you don't really need any configure options, it is sufficient to
simply go to the directory of the helper you want to use and run "make
install". All the configure options does it to select which authentication
and authorization helpers should be installed by default when you type
"make install" from the top level directory.