Re: [squid-users] Ad-zapping redirector causes IE to think it never completes loading a page

From: Angela Williams <angie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:32:04 +0200

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 08:10, Ken.Thomson@audit.nsw.gov.au wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am running Squid 2.5STABLE5 and trying to block a few of the more
> prominent web advertisements that chew bandwidth.

Andy Lyttle's bannerfilter take out all the pain of reinventing the wheel!
http://www.phroggy.com/bannerfilter/
We've run it on our squid boxes for over a year now with nary a problem. I've
also used it to redirect our intranet sites for the internal users that
insisted on using the external uri's - ok I will phix the dns real soon!

Cheers
Ang

--
Angela Williams				Enterprise Outsourcing
SCO Unix/Linux & Cisco spoken here!	Bedfordview