Re: [squid-users] squid Scaling

From: Jim Nachlin <jim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:35:28 -0400

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Murugavel Thiruvengadam wrote:
>
>> http 15Mbps Traffic
>

> This is about what a single correctly tuned Squid is capable of, so a

Sorry if this is a tangent, but that 15Mbps figure - wouldn't that
depend a lot on how much squid is pulling form its own cache and how
much is coming from the server it is accelerating?

Our httpd is averaging at around 7Mbps, but it often jumps to 16 or
higher for stretches of time. I worry that these periods will cause
failures.