[squid-users] Zero Sized Reply

From: Frank Neumann <frank.neumann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:10:29 +0100

Hi folks,

we already had this issue earlier this year (see below). We have an
application which posts data to an external site. With squid 2.4.7 all
was fine. After upgrading to 2.5.7 this post doesn't work anymore. The
status code is 502 and the error message is zero sized reply. No entry
in cache.log. In access.log there is always an entry with status code
200 followed by one with status code 502. As suggested I attach an
output from tcpdump. As you can see, the post request is made an the
origin server answers with 200 OK. Then it sends further data which the
proxy ack's, then the proxy closes the connection and the loop starts
again. I checked the faq and tried to switch off
server_persisten_connections but to no avail.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Frank

--- [ snippet from April's thread ] ---

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Frank Neumann wrote:

> I even sniffered around but couldn't find anything that answers the
> question. The payload of the post is encrypted so there is nothing to
> see. My hope was that you could tell me where squid 2.5.5 is more
strict
> than 2.4.7 so that the 503 response will be generated.

What does the second POST look like in both cases?

Payload is not interesting, just HTTP structure.

--- [ end snippet ] ---