[squid-users] Dropped NTLM authenication but still need the LAN id ...

From: Adam Pearse <apearse@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:01:18 -0700

Hey all, we have been having the strangest NTLM problems whereby we
have to reboot our server (restarting squid, samba and winbind doesn't
help) to re-enble the NTLM authenication. I have removed the
authenication altogether as all I really need is the LAN ID of the
person surfing, not to approve their access but for other purposes.
How can I get the userid without having to authenicate the user?
Currently with NTLM off, and access is all, I get the ip address but
no userid. Any suggestions?