[squid-users] Re: Content filtering, this could be an idea

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:09:21 -0500

Fabian Vilers wrote:

> I'm back with my content filtering problem. At this time, Squid is not
> smart enough to see that a renamed valid mp3 file to test.txt is still a
> n audio file. I don't want my users to download these kind of files.

No - rep_mime_type matches on the "Content-Type:" header in the reply. So
the problem is that the webserver is using the file extension instead of
the content to determine the MIME type, then passes this faulty information
to Squid in the reply headers.

What webserver are you testing this with?

> It seems that there is no workaround with existing redirectors so let's
> write one. But I don't know anything about squid's working for now. I'm
> just wondering if it feasable.

AFAIK, redirectors in Squid are used to process requests, not replies. This
may change in Squid 3.0, but I'm not sure.

[useless disclaimer snipped]

It at all possible, please turn this disclaimer off when posting to a public
mailing list - it really is quite useless in this context.

Adam