Re: [squid-users] Re: Content filtering, this could be an idea

From: Fabian Vilers <fabian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:30:04 +0100

On Thursday 09 December 2004 16:09, Adam Aube wrote:
> Fabian Vilers wrote:
> No - rep_mime_type matches on the "Content-Type:" header in the reply. So
> the problem is that the webserver is using the file extension instead of
> the content to determine the MIME type, then passes this faulty information
> to Squid in the reply headers.

Ohh, I see.

> What webserver are you testing this with?

Apache 2

> AFAIK, redirectors in Squid are used to process requests, not replies. This
> may change in Squid 3.0, but I'm not sure.

Ok, I'll wait for that 3.0 version but IMHO it could be a nice feature to
implement.

> [useless disclaimer snipped]
>
> It at all possible, please turn this disclaimer off when posting to a
> public mailing list - it really is quite useless in this context.

[off-topic]
Sorry about it, I use mailing lists for ages and I know what's admitted for
plublic ones. The problem comes from the Exchange mail server my company
uses. It adds this noisy disclaimer automatically. Chance to me, in past this
d**** server was converting plain text emails to HTML :-(
[/off-topic]

--
Fabian Vilers