[squid-users] How to increase the performance of Squid in accelerator mode?!

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:30:36 +0100

Hi all,

we are running a Squid on a dual xeon LAMP machine (so it's a LSAMP ;-)
as an accelerator for the web page on the machine.
So far so good, but the traffic would be bigger in future so what can I
do to increase the performance or reduce the cpu usage of Squid?
Ok, I can move MySQL and Apache to other machines, but first I like to
optimize the squid on this machine.

Maybe there are some settings in the configuration I can use to optimize
squid!

Thx 4 help

Here are some data about my config:
# /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -v
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE7
configure options: --with-dl --enable-arp-acl --enable-underscores
--enable-stacktraces --enable-delay-pools --enable-storeio=diskd
--enable-x-accelerator-vary

I build squid with this options:
export CFLAGS='-Wall -O2 -pipe -march=pentium4 -mcpu=pentium4'
./configure \
         --with-dl \
         --enable-arp-acl \
         --enable-underscores \