Re: [squid-users] Access Still DENIED

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:10:43 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, TopGun Technician wrote:

> Does someone out their have the answer.
>
> I am still getting access denied when trying to use Squid cache. I have added
> my network 10.10.30.0/24 to the acl and added the lines to allow access.
>
> I have spent hours on this already and have tried all suggested from this
> forum. No luck yet.
>
> Running Squid 2.5 stable on Suse 9.1 64 bit server. Server can access the
> Internet, user is created for squid group on server yet clients do not get web
> access when using proxy. Access denied.

Squid access controls are similar to CiscoIOS access-lists. The request
is evaluated against the conditions in the list in order. The first true
condition terminates the evaluation.

There are several access control lists in Squid, i.e. the never and always
direct. These can produce unexpected results due to the order of
evaluation. This should be in a FAQ.

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard