[squid-users] lockup problem

From: Stuart Clark <newsgroup1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:14:56 +1100

Celeron 2.4, 2 gig ram, redhat 9, squid-2.5.STABLE1-3.9

My squid server is locking up and needs rebooting every couple of days

I know why. Its because I ran out of ram for the size of the cache (proven
with testing).

I have 2 gig ram and 105gig of cache, 7.3M objects (kinda blows the 1
gig/100gig ratio outa the water)

MY QUESTIONS:

Is their any way of telling that the cache size is getting near the limit of
the physical memory rather than just believing the 1gigram/100gig cache rule
(which dosen't work anyway)?

When it does lockup because of ram limitation what percentage should I
reduce the cache? I tried reducing the cache by 3 gig and it locked up
again.

I have every squid mrtg graph known to man and I cannot see any indications
to anticipate a lockup.

Kind Regards

Stuart Clark RHCE
Director