Re: [squid-users] Re: FTP Connect but no LIST

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:06:20 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Joost de Heer wrote:

> I have never tried this, but perhaps it's possible to allow CONNECT on
> both 20 and 21, and use active FTP. The firewall on the other side must
> allow this of course.

Won't work. CONNECT is client->server connection requests only, not
server->client connection requests.

As you said, if one wants FTP proxy support one should install a FTP proxy
in addition to Squid. While you are at it you may want to also install a
SOCKS proxy to provide more generic Internet access for other protocols
(IRC, POP-3, whatever)