RE: [squid-users] Need help regarding Addtional network card for my Squid Server

From: Vik Heyndrickx <vik.heyndrickx@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:17:04 +0100

Squid is not in the business of detecting network cards. It binds to an
network interface, and it listens on an IP address+port (or more). If you
run ipconfig, does the third network interface' address show up?

If you run netstat -a -n -p, can your see squid listening on its proxy port
(default: 3128, but many people use 8080 instead, or even something else) on
the correct IP address(es)?

You mention that you use the third interface for client connection, and in
the third paragraph you talk about outbound connection. This is confusing.
An ASCII drawing about the network topology with the used IP addresses would
help clarify your intentions.

Can you ping from the client to both network interfaces on the squid server?

Are the "acl"'s correct so that they "allow"?

--
Vik