RE: [squid-users] AKAMAI.NEt showing up in Squid Logs

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:21:34 -0900

S&D
> but it did not show anything on the workstation. I have tried to research
> the removal of this errant cache service and cannot find any removal
> instructions. I know this is a little off topic, but has anyone else had
> this same issue pop up in there Squid logs and if you have, how did you
> correct it.
>
> Thanks In Advance

I'm not sure if you are aware, but akamai is a distributed caching service
that a lot of sites and ISPs use to distribute content. An example is
Apple.com's movie trailers. It would not surprise me if one of the larger
banks (or something like eBay) is using akamai to serve images for their
secure pages. If you want to block this request, something like the
following should work (assuming you have the CONNECT method acl still in
your squid.conf):

acl akamai dst_domain .akamai.net
http_access deny CONNECT akamai

This will block all secure requests to akamai. Be ready for calls if you
implement this.

Chris