[squid-users] Accessing MySQL database for list of allowed sites

From: Glynn Robinson <g.m.robinson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 20:19:39 +0000

I'm currently setting up a new Squid proxy server to replace an existing
one.
The current proxy utilises an ACL which connects to a MySQL database and

extracts a number of allowed URLs from a table. The problem is, I'm
having
trouble replicating this behaviour in the new proxy. The current
squid.conf
file has a number of references to MySQL - including information
regarding
the name of the database, the user and password etc but when I include
these
statements in the new squid.conf file I receive a number of errors.
Obviously,
I need to add MySQL support but I am unsure as to how to do this. I've
seen
posts regarding a package called mysql_auth but I'm assuming it won't
allow me
to pull URLs from a database to add into an ACL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.