Re: [squid-users] log_fqdn only for external addresses

From: H Matik <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:40:23 -0200

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 21:28, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> If you on the other hand build Squid with --disable-internal-dns then it
> will use the OS resolver functions with all it's nsswitch/hosts.conf
> magic, but at a significant performance penalty due to the API limitations
> of the OS resolver functions.

if configuring with --disable-internal-dns the external dns lookup program
will interact with the OS, is that right and I need to define dns_children ?
This was the standard in older squid versions or am I wrong?

So if I understood you this internal DNS resolver is better because gives
better performance?

Then it is even better I define hosts_file none in order not to lose time
querying the file before dns?

Hans

> Regards
> Henrik

Infomatik
(18)8112.7007
http://info.matik.com.br
Mensagens não assinadas com GPG não são minhas.
Messages without GPG signature are not from me.