[squid-users] Re: LDAP and Novell E-Directory

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:24:47 -0500

Please don't top post (which is placing your reply above the original
message) - it makes the thread hard to follow.

Corey Tyndall wrote:
> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Esteban Darreche wrote:

>> Try with this line
>>
>> auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -u cn -b
>> ou=DEPARTMENT,o=COMPANY -h LDAPSERVER
>
> -f cn=%s
>
> would be better than -u here...

> I was finnaly able to work with the -f. Upon testing internet access
> is SLOW! Can I turn off caching? We have a very BIG pipe to the net so
> caching is not necessary.

"Can I make Squid proxy only, without caching anything?"

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.20

However, I would suggest leaving the caching on, and troubleshooting why
Internet access is so slow instead. In a new thread, post a description of
your problem, hardware and software information for the system running
Squid, and your squid.conf (without comments or blank lines).

[email disclaimer snipped]

Could you please turn this off when posting to the list? Email disclaimers
in general are of dubious legal value, and are completely useless (and a
waste of space) on a public mailing list.

Adam