[squid-users] Add 'include' functionality for squid.conf?

From: Kevin <kkadow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:02:32 -0600

Has any recent consideration been given to providing the ability
to include an external file into the "squid.conf" configuration,
similar to the #include in cpp or the 'include' statement in BIND?
http://triton.process.com/bind-docs/include.html

I've explored the possibility of generating "squid.conf" via M4 or cpp,
but making the existing comment lines fully compatible with a
pre-processor would require significant effort.

Basically, I have a half dozen caches which are all 99% identical,
each one has a unique visible hostname, listen address, and
tcp_outgoing_address. Right now I keep all of the servers in
sync manually, but it'd be great to be able to push out a standard
configuration and just 'include' the appropriate host-specific
settings. I do this today with BIND servers, and it saves no
end of headaches.

Kevin Kadow