Re: [squid-users] Add 'include' functionality for squid.conf?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:34:57 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Kevin wrote:

> Well, in the Apache world it's considered bad form to strip down the
> httpd.conf to just the non-comment lines.

Well, Apache does not have the whole manual in it's conf..

Keeping the manual in the production conf file is not recommended as this
easily causes confusion on upgrades.

> Leaving the comments in does make it easier to see what the defaults are
> and decide whether to override them, or for my successor maintain the
> configs.

IMHO your successors life will be much easier if the config is cleaned up
by removing the manual, making it much to see what configurations you have
made, then annotated explaining a bit why.