Re: [squid-users] Two squid instances based on file types? Is it good?

From: Kevin <kkadow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:09:46 -0600

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:08:30 +0100, Marco Crucianelli
<m.crucianelli@elis.org> wrote:
> As I would like to cache normal web stuff and big multimedia files,
> like videos, I was thinking about using two different squid instances
> running on two different machine.

You could instead use a single instance with two cache_dir locations, one
with a relatively low max-size to reserve that directory for "small" objects.

You might also consider setting the maximum_object_size_in_memory
relatively low, even if you have quite a bit of RAM to work with. I have
caches with cache_mem set to 2GB, yet I set m_o_s_i_m to 128KB.

Kevin Kadow