Re: [squid-users] storing objects in round robin fashion

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:47:25 +0100

On 24.02 09:53, Askar wrote:
> we have these three cache directories, squid/cache working fine expect
> two things.

> 1) I want to store objects in these three directories in round-robin
> fashion. even though I had enable "store_dir_select_algorithm
> round-robin" in squid.conf however still I can see squid storing objects
> in cache1. After putting "store_dir_select_algorithm round-robin" in
> squid.conf , I just give squid -k reconfigure.

did you run 'squid -z' after you created new cache_dir's?

> /dev/sda6 26G 2.4G 24G 10% /cache1

> /dev/sdb1 16G 81M 16G 1% /cache2
> /dev/sdb2 16G 81M 16G 1% /cache3

seems you have two cache_dir's on two partitions of the same disk. That is
very ineffective

> 2) this is P3, 1200MHz Dell machine , and squid is taking upto 70% of
> cpu during peak hours.
> cache_dir diskd /cache1/....
> cache_dir diskd /cache2/....
> cache_dir diskd /cache3/....

these say nothing about reasons why squid takes that much ram. From what I
see in this list, big CPU usage is usually caused by ineffective ACL
setup.

A day without sunshine is like, night.