Re: [squid-users] storing objects in round robin fashion

From: Askar <askar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:20:04 +0500

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

>On 24.02 09:53, Askar wrote:
>

>>we have these three cache directories, squid/cache working fine expect
>>two things.
>>

>>1) I want to store objects in these three directories in round-robin
>>fashion. even though I had enable "store_dir_select_algorithm
>>round-robin" in squid.conf however still I can see squid storing objects
>>in cache1. After putting "store_dir_select_algorithm round-robin" in
>>squid.conf , I just give squid -k reconfigure.
>>

>did you run 'squid -z' after you created new cache_dir's?
>

>>/dev/sda6 26G 2.4G 24G 10% /cache1
>>

>>/dev/sdb1 16G 81M 16G 1% /cache2
>>/dev/sdb2 16G 81M 16G 1% /cache3
>>

>seems you have two cache_dir's on two partitions of the same disk. That is
>very ineffective
>

>>2) this is P3, 1200MHz Dell machine , and squid is taking upto 70% of
>>cpu during peak hours.
>>cache_dir diskd /cache1/....
>>cache_dir diskd /cache2/....
>>cache_dir diskd /cache3/....
>>

>these say nothing about reasons why squid takes that much ram. From what I
>see in this list, big CPU usage is usually caused by ineffective ACL
>setup.

hi henrik and matus thanks for your reply, okay i just restarted the
machine, now im waiting for the result of df -lh :)
Matus, its not the RAM but cpu, squid taking too much cpu cycles i-e
upto 70% sometime during peak hours and this is for sure not normal coz
we have other cache servers running running very smooth.

regards