Re: [squid-users] How to *ignore* "Cache-Control: private" http headers

From: Kadmos <bcml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:03:36 +1100

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Alexander Shopov wrote:
>> How can I force SQUID to *not* honour the "Cache-Control: private"
>> header?
<snip>
> There is patches around, both in the squid-users archives and in the bug
> database IIRC.
I have a diff for squid-2.5.7-3 (which I can email to you (I am not sure
of the code posting policy of the list)) which although it doesn't allow
one to ignore the "private" directive does allow squid (via squid.conf)
to ignore "no-cache". It would be trivial to change it to also (or
instead) ignore "private".

The patch was originally from this thread:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/199909/0249.html

If it breaks something you get to keep all the bits.
Kadmos