[squid-users] ibm.com & Squid 2.5 & auth

From: freeswan9 <freeswan9@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:13:08 +0200

Hello,

I have problems accessing 2 sites with Squid.
I'm using Squid 2.5.6-2 on Debian Sarge. The authenticate program is digest (I
tried ncsa and same problem, but maybe I should try again...), and the
Browser is IE 6.0 (didn't check with other browsers)

I can't attach my .conf files as I don't have access to the Proxy yet, but I
think it looks more like a bug rather than a conf pb. Actually my squid.conf
is quite the Debian default.

Here's the situation :

1) IBM drivers
go to http://www.ibm.com
Get support > Downloads & Drivers

Browse product support > Hardware > ThinkCentre desktop
2nd link 'Driver matrices'
ThinkCentre
IBM ThinkCentre S50 > Machine Type 8183
Audio > ADI SoundMAX onboard audio driver
Click on the Win 98... one (D64Z33US)
Click on d64z33us.exe
Choose 'Use IBM Download Director', agree, and... no download !

It is an authentication problem as it works when I deactivate it ('http_access
allow all' just before the 'http_access deny !Users' line in squid.conf,
Users is the acl for authentication)

It doesn't work with digest authentication. Is it a digest bug or a squid bug
? is it really a bug ?
Could there be a solution ?
Don't tell me not to use 'IBM Download Director', my client wants to use it.

(2) [less important]
https://geac.webex.com/geac/systemdiagnosis.php
When clicking on the links, the authentication box appears again and again,
and finally the connection fails.
Same as ibm : OK when authentication is desactivated.

Could someone else try ?
Is there a reason ?

Thanks for your help.
I'm using squidguard too but this is not related to it.