Re: [squid-users] squid does not cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:12:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Oliver Joa wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have a problem with squid-2.5-STABLE6, but i also tried STABLE9 and
> squid-3. Everytimes the same, squid does not cache dynamic pages in
> acceleration-mode:
>
> on this url i sometimes get a HIT, but most often not:
>
> http://derivatetool.finanztreff.de/derivate/5/derivate_news.htm

http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py?query=http%3A%2F%2Fderivatetool.finanztreff.de%2Fderivate%2F5%2Fderivate_news.htm

make sure your clock is running proper on both proxy and web server. With
as short expiry times as there is on this page (30 seconds) only a few
seconds time difference can make a big difference.

> if i use authorization:
>
> http://oink:oink@derivatetool.finanztreff.de/derivate/5/derivate_news.htm

This is not a standard URL format. Browsers will react quite differently
to this URL format.

> First I used a squid as redirector for loadbalancing. In this
> configuration I never got a Hit. I thougth that maybe it is not possible
> to cache

caching in accelerator mode is exactly the same as in proxy mode.