[squid-users] Httpd Accelerator

From: Jon <jonsml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:01:06 -0400

Hi everyone,

I've been using Squid for a couple of months as a server accelerator and it
was great. But recently our site traffic has increased. Now I'm having
issues where Squid would exit and restart back up during heavy load. At most
it could serve out ~84 Mbps before it crashes. My server has 4 GB of RAM; I
tweaked the kernel for message queues, shared memory, increased nmbclusters
and file descriptors. Is there other settings I can tune to increase its
performance? I know my description is a little vague but I'll be happy to
submit my setting if anyone is interested. Maybe it has reached the limit
and I need to add another squid?

Thanks,

Jon