RE: [squid-users] Httpd Accelerator

From: kavos gabor <picard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:21:58 +0500

Hello again,

cache_mem should be a minimum because squid automatically manages memory. i recommened 64MB because it solved my problem. my box also has 4 GB of memory and twin Xeon 2.66 Ghz CPU but i must tell you that squid doesnt use multiple CPUs as it runs only as a single procoess. However, the i/o is excellent with SMP boxes. also, try to reduce the object size in memory to a lower size. e.g, 50KB so squid doesnt panic when big files are requested from the cache. hope this helps you ...

regards,

KG

Graffiti.net free e-mail @ www.graffiti.net
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as a 1 GB mailbox for just US$9.95 per year!