[squid-users] duplicate pids?

From: Joe Acquisto <joea@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:21:15 -0400

Working system, running squid and dans guardian. Upon rebooting, dansguardian says unable to contact temp proxy. Normally this means squid is not running.

A "pgrep squid" shows multiple pids.

1 - is that normal?
2 - more for th DG folks maybe, but what else might cause squid to not be seen by DG?

Running a flavor of IP trace, I can see that when DG is initiated, there is a RESET on 127.0.0.1:3128.

I guess that means DG was rejected when trying to make friends with squid. A slippery proposition, to be sure.

joea