Re: Re: Re: [squid-users] SquidNT service: new start problems

From: <eupec@dont-contact.us>
Date: 7 May 2005 06:35:28 -0000

>Hi,

>At 09.02 04/05/2005, eupec@supereva.it wrote:

>::Look in the same directory where is squid.exe, and when
>::squid fails to
>::start, look in the squid.exe.log file: it contains stderr
>::output generated
>::during service startup.
>::
>::Regards
>
>Hi Guido, sorry for the late reply, but I had to wait to see the problem
>another one time on my SquidNT box.
>
>The Squid.exe.log content is:
>
>"2005/05/04 08:14:15| Squid is already running! Process ID 1228".
>
>I've checked the PID 1228, but is not Squid: PID 1228 belongs to
>svchost.exe. Squid is not present in the process table, so file
>squid.exe.log have a nonsense content for me (squid isn't running at all).
>How can I do further investigations on my problem?

>>>Very strange. Starting with STABLE 6 release, to avoid >>>similar problems, I
>>>have changed the way how the running process check is done:

>>>If a process with the PID in squid.pid exist, squid will >>>check the
>>>executable name that started this process, only if the >>>executable is the
>>>same of the starting squid, the start will fail.

>>>I don't understand where could be your problem.

>>>How runs your Squid ? As System account ?

Hi Guido,
         these are the SquidNT parameters, taken from the win 2000 server service manager :

GENERAL TAB:
Path exe:
C:\squid\sbin\squid.exe --ntservice:SquidNT

Start type: Auto

CONNECTION TAB:
connection:

Local system account
NO checkbox on "desktop interactions"

Action to take when service fails: restart (firs, second, third try)

DEPENDANCIES:

no dependancies

This morning I've the same squidNT starting failure:

"2005/05/07 08:16:04| Squid is already running! Process ID 1048", with SquidNT not running :(

note: service start options are -O -D (no initial dns check)

My setup: Windows 2000 SERVER SP4 patched with the latest security fixes; no antivirus or other programs starts at boot time.

Thank you for the help, eupec

>>>Guido

Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/