Re: [squid-users] external_acl_type with http request header question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 12:11:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Ryan Lamberton wrote:

> hmm... is there an example of a "silly helper" out there I can use/modify?

In this case as all you need it to echo the username back to Squid the
following suffices:

#!/bin/sh
while read user; do
         echo OK user=$user
done

> And will the Ident acl "set" the username the same way the proxy_auth does so
> my filtering program can identify the username?

Yes.

> Why should I disable client side persistent connections?

Because of the ident association of the external acl returned username in
Squid-2.5. ident is connection oriented, meaning all requests on this
connection will inherit the username.

This is fixed in Squid-3.0, where this mechanism of having external acls
returning a username is more obvious.