[squid-users] Squid Transparent mode amd delay pools on FreeBSD 5.4

From: Abu Khaled <khaled.abu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 11:44:22 +0300

Greetings...

I have a problem with squid running in transparent mode on a FreeBSD 5.4 box.
Here is a description of my problem I have with delay pools

When using IE 6.0 on XP to download a file by right clicking on it and
selecting save the delay pools kick in and every thing is in order.
Now while the first download is working under the effect of the delay
pools, I right click on the same link again and save it to the same
location. At this point the delay pools are still in affect. If I
cancel the first download, the second one which is allready running
escapes the dealy pools and downloads with maximum bandwidth speed.

Can some one test this on other systems to see if this is a problem or
is it allready known. I googled but found no results.

1. Squid in transparent mode with delay pools class 2 or 3.
2. Right click a link in IE on WindoseXP to save a link.
3. Right click again and start a second download (same link same location).
4. Cancel first download.
5. Check if second download escapes the delay pools.

--
Kind regards
Abu Khaled