Re: [squid-users] NTLM through squid

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 15:59:49 +0200

On 18.05 12:50, peter@kapos-net.hu wrote:
> We are an ISP, using transparent proxy, and have a problem
> accessing pages with NTLM authentication through SQUID.
> Is there a solution for this problem?

Are those pages outside of your network? NTLM should not be used across
internet, only on local networks.

Also, avoiding usage of "transparent" (the correct word should be
"intercepting", because "tranparent" means something different in HTTP)
proxy should help much. can't you tell your clients to configure your proxy
manually (or using dhcp hacks)?

10 GOTO 10 : REM (C) Bill Gates 1998, All Rights Reserved!