Re: [squid-users] Multiple ISP setup

From: Wennie V. Lagmay <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 08:02:44 +0300

Hi Phi DG,

BGP will be involved in the connection with the 2 ISP's, I will be enabling
BGP to merge and balance traffic and as a backup to each other. my only
concern is the cache/proxy server, since I need to define the cache_peer
parents for each of 2 ISP's my question is, can squid knows that it has 2
ISP links and it should merge load balance the traffic (for example ISP 1
is 1 Mbps and ISP 2 is 1 Mbps) so can squid knows that the total bandwidth
is 2 Mbps? second, If ISP 1 fails all traffic is redirected to ISP 2
automatically by BGP, so squid should also fetch object to ISP 2 with 1 Mbps
bandwidth.

I short can we configure squid to follow the routing activity? the router
ang BGP routing will do the layer 1 to layer 4, and squid cache will ride on
it?

Thank you very much,

Wennie