Re: AW: [squid-users] google images issue

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 06:54:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Rost Werner ZFBE GMT-ISN wrote:

> Well, I too miss a feature which tells us (maybe in cache.log or somewhere else) which acl caused the "access denied". Today often it is very hard to find out why a page is blocked.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#acl-debug

The first alternative there gives you the acl the request was allowed or
denied by.

The second gives more details about each acl as it is processed by Squid.

Please note that the first won't give you info on acls which did not match
the request or why. For example if you have

http_access allow mynetwork
http_access deny all

the first will only tell you that the request was denied by "all" if it
did not match "mynetwork".