Re: [squid-users] Recommended Hardware for my setup

From: Andreas Pettersson <andpet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:46:31 +0200

Unless you are planning to run on hardware that has been around for a
while, I would say it makes no difference in performance using SCSI or
IDE with 70 users. Or 300 for that matter. For security reasons you
might want to set up som kind of disk mirroring. There are a few
hardware options both for SCSI and IDE mirroring, and S-ATA of course.
You can choose whichever you find most attractive. Keep in mind that IDE
disks rarely can be hotswapped.

And last, make a fictional disk failure.. Do you know what to do if a
disk fails? How would you even know it has failed if the system is still
running just fine? Some questions to keep in mind.. :)

/Andreas