RE: [squid-users] Recommended Hardware for my setup

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:48:43 -0800

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-3.html#ss3.1

and

http://wwwcache.ja.net/servers/squids.html

Sure, it might be old information, but gives you an idea...

Spend your money on quality parts. For so few users, the speed of the parts
is not going to be too important. Any Pentium II based system would
(likely) be more than enough to handle the load placed by 70 concurrent
users. Memory is certainly important, but most of your cache is going to
wind up on disk.

Chris