Re: [squid-users] Any comment and suggestion of my Squid-MRTG Results

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:22:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, SSCR Network Admin wrote:

> I have gathered some info regarding my squid performace using mrtg. Will
> someone give their professional comments and suggestions based on the
> results i have to further increase the performance?

Easier to discuss based on what you have done on your Squid server than
what MRTG shows.

Information needed are:

  - Type of cache-dir
  - How many hard-drives
  - How buzy are your hard-drive(s)? (sar/iostat is helpful here)
  - CPU usage
  - Filedescriptor usage (see cachemgr)
  - Network usage of your Internet connection
  - Observerd hit-ratio
  - Observed requests/second at peak hours
  - Subjective feeling of what browsing via the Squid server feels like at
peak hours, preferably compared to the same going direct (or via NAT) at
the same time of day.