[squid-users] Balasan: [squid-users] cache_peer problem

From: pujo mulyono <pudjo26@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:48:41 +0700 (ICT)

in my experience with squid, i set parent with no
options and there's no DNS lookup for every request
into it, all DNS lookup handled by parent. I suggest
you to not using options (no-query and no-digest) just
leave it blank.

if you set options parent to proxy-only then the
content delivered from parent cache would not be
cached locally.

regards,
Pudjo@indonesia

--- Solaris2005 <rajeshbreddy2@yahoo.com> menulis:

> Hi All,
>
> I have 2 proxies where the parent is open to the
> internet behind the Firewall and another proxy
> which
> cannot go direct to the internet. When a user tries
> to access any web site, first it goes to the
> child proxy server. Child proxy server will then
> forward the request to parent proxy (cache_peer).
> So
> cache_peer (parent proxy) should be doing DNS
> lookup
> for the web site URL. My problem is the child proxy
> is doing DNS lookup's. I want to reduce load on
> child proxy. How can I make my parent proxy to do
> DNS lookups? There is no need for the child
> proxy to do DNS quesries when a user tries to
> access
> some web site on the Internet. Any help would be
> really appreciated.
>
> My config in squid.conf file is
>
> cache_peer 172.26.x.x parent 3128 3130 no-query
> no-digest
> acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> never_direct allow all
>
> What happens if I change the above configuration to
>

> cache_peer 172.26.x.x parent 3128 3130 no-query
> proxy-only
> acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> never_direct allow all
>
> If I add proxy-only option will child proxy stop
> doing DNS lookups. Any help would be really
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

Apakah Anda Yahoo!?
Sekarang dengan penyimpanan 1GB