Re: [squid-users] HTTPD reverse proxy

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:16:15 +0200

On 12.10 08:51, M Harrata wrote:
> For my main problem wich is a bad request from squid to the internal Host
> >
> > In the squid log: access.log:
> > 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/600 974 GET http://localhost:443/ - DIRECT/192.168.1.3
> >

> Why squid is forwarding an http request while my client send https request ?

that is the standard behaviour when using squid as reverse https
proxy/accelerator - the acceleration means that http servers don't need to
mess up with ssl - it's left on squid.

squid-2.5 also can't connect using ssl without ssl patch (it only can accept
ssl connections).

There's no reason for squid to forward request as https, unless the network
between squid and server is untrusted. But in such case, there's usually no
need for using squid.