Re: [squid-users] HTTPD reverse proxy

From: Joost de Heer <sanguis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:27:00 +0200 (CEST)

> There's no reason for squid to forward request as https, unless the
> network
> between squid and server is untrusted. But in such case, there's usually
> no
> need for using squid.

I disagree. For one customer, we provide reverse proxy functionality
(although it's not Squid). The customer is divided into smaller fractions,
some of which don't trust the rest. So they want the internal traffic to
go via https too.

Because the backend network is a private WAN, we do need the reverse proxy
on the DMZ to publish the site.

Joost